Friday, March 25, 2005

Oh God Stop

If I told you invisible monkeys lived in my butt, you would be justified in thinking I was nuts. But if I tell you that an invisible, super-powerful, all-knowing creature that lives way up high is watching and judging my every move and your every move and every move of everyone on the entire planet and may even be fixing to kill us all only to bring the ones he really likes to live with him (after killing them too, of course) in his kingdom in the sky for ever and ever, chances are you'd be cool with that.

Which is the more preposterous claim?

More evidence is available to support which claim? Evidence, please remember, is not "a lot of people agree that it's true." If a number of people agree that a space ship will pick up their Nike footed corpses after they eat poison pudding, that doesn't make it true.

I'm really tired of kooks influencing my life. My calendar is ruled by superstitious holidays. What I'm allowed to see on TV, or in a theater is subject to the whims of cannibal psychopaths who like to pretend they're eating a real person and drinking his blood. The government of my country has been taken over by self-interested nutjobs who take obscene advantage of the concept of morality (and the lives of innocent people) in order to further their own selfish, political agendas, all under the guise of piety. I can't even sneeze without delusional dimwits invoking the name of their imagined deity. It's all utter bullshit and I'm sick of it.

Just stop.

Let's evolve. It'll be nice. Trust me. We'll need to kill each other less often. We'll have more time for video games, and the games will be better, too. Science will be able to work faster and more efficiently when it doesn't have to mold its findings into a pre-conceived notion. That means we'll have more efficient everything, but most important: we won't have to pay $3 for a gallon of fuel. Blowing off religion really will be better for everyone.

All religion does is foster hate and division. Seriously, it's no good. Just quit it.

Fuckers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home